More than 15 years of experience in computer programming including estimation, breaking down assignments into workable pieces, splitting up tasks with one or more other team members, supporting project team members, and collaborating with other departments. Involved in all phases of the software life cycle.
|CM Synergy||Subversion||Adobe After Effects|
LOCKHEED MARTIN Houston, TX
Senior Software Engineer 2005 – Present
- Porting of the Power Planning and Analysis Tool (PLATO) to Linux 6.5 and Java 1.7 for security updates to the system.
- Troubleshooting and enhancement of PLATO.
- On team to create PLATO, which streamlined several, planning tools to increase user productivity by creating one user interface and data repository for multiple tools.
- Led effort that added functionality from the Spacecraft Electrical and Environmental Database (SEED) to PLATO.
- Led an effort to add script-hosting capability to an existing data manipulation tool.
- Researched interprocess communication in C.
- Developed tool to read a script, create a window based on the scripts inputs, run the script, and then report output or errors from the script.
- This tool saves the user time and helps reduce user errors.
- Implemented bug fixes and enhancements on a tool that shows the shadowing patterns that fall on the solar arrays of the International Space Station (ISS), updates made the displays more accurate and easier to read.
Software Engineer 1997 – 2005
- Feasibility study and code porting of applications from Unix to Linux, which increased speed of applications considerably.
- Maintenance and improvements on several Resource Utilization Planning and Systems Modeling (RUPSM) applications for the ISS.
- Upgraded several Flight Dynamics Planning and Analysis (FDPA) applications for the ISS.
- Maintenance and enhancement work on user interfaces for several Test and Checkout planning tools for the ISS.
University of Houston Clear Lake 2011-2013
Master of Arts Digital Media Studies
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Prescott, AZ
Bachelor of Science Aviation Computer Science
Minor in Mathematics
National Society for Leadership and Success
Communications and Digital Media Association at University of Houston Clear Lake
National Excellence in Leadership Award
Excellence and other awards for work done at Lockheed Martin